Encore Rides Bike Tours - A Unique Way to Experience the Sites, History and Tastes of Bucks County
Sponsor: Encore Rides
Bucks County’s history dates back to 1682 and it is the site of historical events, the home of literary and musical notables, numerous wineries and the final resting place for veterans as far back as the Revolutionary War. Encore Rides provides a unique way to experience these sites, history and tastes by offering guided bike tours that combine access to these venues.
Rides are leisurely paced and cover approximately 10-20 miles with minimal hills on primarily low traffic roads, towpaths and bike trails. In addition to our established rides, we can design a tour for your group of two or more that meets your schedule, interests and biking experience. Are you a history buff, love covered bridges or flea markets? Looking for a company outing? Design your ride today with us!
Our current tours include:
- Cycle & Sip – a scenic round trip ride along the towpath between Washington Crossing Historic Park and Lambertville/New Hope followed by a wine tasting and tour at Crossing Vineyards and Winery.
- Pedal & Pub – a pub focused history ride through Doylestown that includes a craft beer tasting at the Hops Bar and Grill. The pub is part of the Doylestown Brewing Company which is the latest chapter in a family story that spans three generations in the beer industry.
- River Towns Ride – bike the historic Delaware River towns of Stockton, Lambertville, New Hope, Centre Bridge and Lumberville and see Mills and Inns that date to the Revolution and view Victorian and Federal Style homes. After the ride enjoy lunch at the 1770’s Lumberville General Store.
- Civil War Cycle Tour - cycle through Doylestown’s Civil War history, see the home and graves of generals, and learn about Bucks County’s link to the Underground RR and then tour the Bucks County Civil War Museum and Library.
Encore Rides is looking to serve a variety of rider levels, including:
- the advanced rider can use these tours as an opportunity to ride with his/her spouse that does not feel comfortable with longer distances and a faster pace,
- the intermediate rider that is interested in the sites along the way as much as the ride itself,
- the casual rider and anyone interested in comradery, wine, history, outdoor activity, and
- new in 2017, to encourage and help young cyclists Encore Rides contributes 10% of the ride cost to buy bikes for children in need.
To sign up or learn more about Encore Rides see our website www.encorerides.com or contact us at email@example.com or call 484-682-4324.
Link to More Information