February 1, 2023
Prepared Meal: Braised Pork with Sauerkraut and Apples
Pick up a handmade, fully prepared complete meal by Conquering Cuisine in Doylestown! As the comfort week rolls along, we'll celebrate hump day with one of our favorite family meals - tender pork with sauerkraut and apples. We braise our pork with pork stock and apple cider. When combined with the apples and sauerkraut you get a slight tangy, slightly sweet mix with deep flavor.
- Braised Pork Butt with Honey Crisp Apples and Sauerkraut
- Smoked Gouda Grits or Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Creamy Cucumber, Sweet Onion and Dill Salad
- Traditional Apple Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
February 3, 2023
Prepared Meal: A French Winter Supper
Pick up a handmade, fully prepared complete meal by Conquering Cuisine in Doylestown! The French have mastered the art of matching common ingredients and classic techniques to produce comforting fare. Coq au Vin is a perfect example of this. Bone-in chicken thighs marinated in red wine, garlic and herbs and slowly stewed with carrots and onions. Sounds simple enough but when done properly it's amazing.
- Coq Au Van (Braised Bone-in Chicken Thighs with Onions and Carrots)
- Crispy Potato Pancakes with Chive Sour Cream
- Classic Ratatouille (Sautéed Squash, Eggplant and Tomatoes with Capers)
- Belgian Chocolate Mouse with Shortbread Cookies
February 11, 2023
Parent/Child Cooking for a Cause
Manna on Main Street in Lansdale is a non-profit organization committed to ending hunger in the area. We designed this parent/child class to benefit this great organization. It has all the fun and informative aspects of our regular sessions with the extra benefit of the kids seeing the trays of food go to good cause. Conquering Cuisine with provide extra food and packaging for the donation and trays will be dropped off to the food bank immediately after the class.
February 22, 2023
Fish and Seafood Cookery Class
Fresh, high-quality fish is readily available in many markets these days but some put off buying it - thinking it will difficult to cook. In this popular class we put those fears to rest by teaching you how to choose, clean, and prepare both finfish and shellfish. We'll also discuss which types of seafood work best with different cooking methods (grilling, poaching, frying, etc.) and make some delicious recipes that the whole family will enjoy. It's a clear example of how using good quality ingredients and applying proper technique can make all the difference.
- Spicy Thai Shrimp Soup with Noddles and Herbs
- Stuffed Flounder with Creamy Tomato Herb Sauce
- Pan Roasted Grouper with Caramelized Onion, Toasted Pine Nut and Golden Raisin Sauce
- Crab Empanadas with Spicy Verde Sauce
March 11, 2023
Parent/Child Cooking Class - Food of France
Cooking with your child, enjoying family-friendly recipes and learning more about preparing healthy, delicious meals. In this fun and informative session parent and child will work side-by-side to prep and cook each of the items on the menu with the guidance of the instructor. The recipes are designed to teach basic techniques (knife skills, sauteing, sauce-making, etc.) that are beneficial to all ages. Each of the dishes prepared will enjoyed by the participants throughout the class. All equipment, recipes and ingredients are provided. Class runs approximately 2 hours and is geared for children over 10 years old. Price is for both parent and child.
- Tomato, Goat Cheese and Herb Quiche
- Romaine Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Peppers and Creamy Herb Dressing
- Sautéed Rosemary and Garlic Chicken with Corn and Orzo Pasta
March 15, 2023
Cooking Class: Spring Soup, Salad and Bread
The end of winter doesn't mean the season ends for great soup or hearty salads. Spring means the markets are stocked with fresh vegetables - asparagus, leeks, peas, greens and more - all great for bright, healthy recipes that are packed with flavor. Just add a nice crusty bread and you have a perfect meal.
- Cream of Asparagus and Pea Soup with Bacon and Leeks
- Golden Beet Salad with Mixed Greens and Poppy Seed Dressing
- Gruyere and Thyme Quick Bread
March 17, 2023
Class: World Wines with an Irish Dinner
Anyone who has recently been to Ireland knows that Irish cookery has evolved from simple fare to a sophisticated, world cuisine. Cities like Dublin has experienced tremendous prosperity in recent years and are a hotbed of culinary activity. We'll make a four course meal that uses traditional ingredients in modern recipes and pair them with wines to match.
- Crispy Cheese Puffs with Spicy Tomato Jam
- Smoked Cod and Shrimp Chowder with Irish Bacon
- Stout Braised Lamb Shanks with Carrots and Parsnips
- Colcannon Gratin with Aged Cheddar
- Bread and Butter Pudding with Irish Mist Cream.
March 19, 2023
Sunday Supper: Celebrating Ireland Cooking Class & Dining Experience
There's no question that St. Patrick's Day brings out the Irish in all of us. An important part of the Irish Tradition involves sharing a meal. It's a time when people can enjoy each other's company while eating and imbibing on a rich ale or hearty stout. This class, an annual tradition and one close to our hearts, features updated versions of traditional foods and serve them with a nice Irish pint.
- Smoked Salmon Chowder with Potato and Leek
- Pear and Blue Cheese Salad with Candied Pecans and Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
- Slow Roasted Chicken Breast or Pork Tenderloin with Hard Cider Reduction over Colcannon
- Croissant Bread and Butter Pudding with Caramel Sauce
About our Sunday Suppers: Join us for this special session - part cooking class, part Sunday dinner, all fun! You'll see each dish prepared, be able to ask questions, and get recipes for all the dishes. As a special treat, our Wine Instructor, Mike Conti, will select a wines that we will serve with each course!
March 22, 2023
Cooking Class: Authentic Sicilian Fare
Travel to the southern island of Italy in this Sicilian cooking class. Learn how to make an authentic Pistachio Pesto dish, Pistachio Pesto comes all the way from Mount Etna's fertile volcanic soil. Dive into the Mediterranean Sea to taste Sicilian Rolled Swordfish with origins from the crystal clear waters. For dessert prepare a fresh citrus treat of Sicilian Orange Cake which uses the entire peel, pulp, and juice of an orange. Your cooking instructor Gema has traveled to Sicily to visit her family and will share travel tips and about the Sicilian culture throughout the class as well.
- Pasta with Pistachio Pesto, Zucchini and Shrimp
- Sicilian Rolled Swordfish (Involitini di Pesce Spada)
- Glazed Orange Cake